WE PLEDGE TO PROMOTE PEACE IN KENYA…
We are aware of the political and social issues that are ever present in our country and now more pronounced due to the upcoming elections. We recognize that these issues affect all of us in some way or the other yet we all distinctly remember the impact that was felt on our country, its people in 2007/2008 which consequently led to one of the darkest moments in Kenyan history.
We communally resolve that we NEVER want to see a repeat of the violence and destruction that grieved us after the election in 2008 and we all unanimously agreed to commit to peace in our country. This commitment is to come into existence by all of us as we enter into this period before the elections.
We have committed to abide to these philosophies and values, for they provide us ethical guidance, instill morality and collectively act as the rudder that moves our ship in the right direction towards a common goal.
- We are committed to peace in Kenya and will be consciously aware of our actions in order to achieve this.
- We are Kenyan first, and in unity we stand as one nation.
- We do not discriminate against each other based on our social alliances or ethnic background.
- We respect each other’s freedom of choice and do not judge one another based on their choice.
- We are impeccable with our word. We use it to promote peace and harmony.
- We humbly and peacefully accept the will of the people.
- We respect each other’s property as it were our own.
- We will not engage in any form of incitement or violence whatsoever.
- We pursue excellence through continuous improvement.
- We contribute as responsible citizens to the community in which we operate.
- We achieve success through unity and teamwork.
- We respect the dignity of each individual.
- We are accountable for our own actions.
- We will communicate these values to as many people we come into contact with, so that we can contribute to making a change in our own lives and in the lives of our future generations.
- We Unite to make a difference for Kenya.
ONE PEOPLE | ONE NATION | ONE FUTURE
We will Endeavour to abide by these values and other sound values we are already practicing.
~ MAASAI CRICKET WARRIORS